 LEGO Company / 3068
Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 00:57:31 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Kyle D. Jackson wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Ken Nagel wrote:
This is basic morality.I'm
with the "nay-sayers" because the company is on a destructive path and if
they go down so does the hobby I love.

And that, right there, probably best sums up why you are meeting with so
much disagreement.  You believe that without TLC, your hobby ends, despite the
collection of LEGO I assume you must already have, and despite a very
extensive after-market from which to buy more.  There is lots around to build
with, to look at, to buy.  Your view, to me, is not the mark of a genuine
hobbyist.  Maybe if you saw LEGO more from the hobbyist perspective, you
wouldn't be so uptight about TLC's activities, to the point where you've been
arguing ad-nauseum on this topic from flawed footing, and begun tossing barbs
at Mr. Koudys' reputation.  At first, you offered disagreement, which is fair
enough, but now you've crossed into disrespect.

KDJ

_____________
LUGNETer #203

First off if you look around some more you'll find there's a lot of people who
agree with me as to Lego's actions.

Second my view of the hobby isn't so ego-centric. Half the joy comes from
sharing the hobby especilly with those who have years and years to go before
they are eligible to become AFOL's. Lego has done far more damage there than
they have with the AFOL's. Yes there is enough Lego bricks (even true gray) to
last my life time there's more to it than that though.

Third I've tossed nothing about anyone's reputation. It's odd though that such a
simple question could stir up so much. -Ken