 LEGO Company / 3027
Re: 10152 Update: What has TLC to do to bring YOU up against them?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 01:18:46 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
[... snap ... ]

Nothing new.  Already debunked by others.

But I always thought LEGO had higher ethical standards.

Ha ha!  Remember all those gambling toys a.k.a. bionical masks?  Can they just
honestly label their product instead of enouraging kids to play lottery?

But for a handful
dollars they kick us AFOLs in the face. Next they might produce in China and
take profit out of children working in dark basements sorting bricks into boxes.

Why do I keep hearing this ignorant crap?  Have you ever heard of the one-child
policy that has been around since the 80s?  Today in China you will have a hard
time finding parents willing to make their one spoiled kid to wash their dish.

If you want to bitch about moving manufacturing to China, use real issues like
massive air pollution due to poor regulation, or various kinds of corruption of
the government.