 LEGO Company / 2522
  Re: LEGOfactory.com launches... and it's big!

(...) Guess I have wait a little while longer. At the moment, the site times out on me. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: LEGOfactory.com launches... and it's big!

(...) Hey Manfred, THe link seems to be posted incorrectly using FTX--try cutting and pasting the link-- (URL) your web browser or click on the link I just provided. Dave K (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: LEGOfactory.com launches... and it's big!

(...) Thanks Dave, I think that there's a chance the domain name may not have propagated everywhere yet, as it times out for me too, even using the pasted link. Patience, Patience... The stuff at club.lego.com is accessable though, and shows off the (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: LEGOfactory.com launches... and it's big!

(...) That also makes sense--that said, I know when I clicked on the link provided via FTX, it was a little wonky. Ahh, the internet... in all its mixed-up glory--the propagation of names is fickle--I have no problem here in southern Ontario, but (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: LEGOfactory.com launches... and it's big!

(...) Definitely! To me it came up as trying to be hung off a LUGNET path which clearly is wrong unless I *really* missed a memo! FTX URLs can be tricky to get right. But hats off to Jake for bringing us this info in a hurry, FTX URL snafus are not (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGOfactory.com launches... and it's big!

(...) How kind of you to think that, David. But no, I live in Amsterdam, the capital city of The Netherlands (and that's somewhere in Europe :-) With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.build.microscale)

  Re: LEGOfactory.com launches... and it's big!

All right here we go. Finally my profession pays off to my past-time and AFOL peers. Have discoverd that lego.com is multihomed. I traced the LEGO site from Sydney as my (and USA) domain servers appear to connect to one host 192.208.45.167. I then (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)