 LEGO Company / 224
Re: Lego SAH ....c'mon already
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 15:59:19 GMT

In lugnet.lego, John Heins writes:
Having placed a substantial shop at home order earlier today, I remembered
references to a $39 price on the Droid Development Kit, so I asked what the
current price was for that item.  I was quoted the $59 price so I passed.
Lo and behold, I received a new SAH catalog in the mail a few hours later
and AMAZINGLY, the price WAS listed at $39.  Since I'm in THEIR computer,
obviously a regular customer and OBVIOUSLY getting the NEW updated catalog
(momentarily as it turned out), WHY quote me the older higher price???
Seems like a really dumb way to do business.....attempting to make a few $
more at the cost of customer goodwill (or far more $ in customer returns
when they catch on).

It's not deliberate on their part.  All the catalogue offers are keyed to
the catalogue code (on the back, in the yellow brick).  If they don't have
that code, then they will see only the default price, and not the special
offers from that catalogue.

James