 LEGO Company / 2202
Re: Check Your New Train Motors!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:27:24 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Mark Bellis wrote:
I just had a new train motor (10153) that was missing a rubber tyre off one of
its wheels.  It's quite a difficult fault to spot by eye, but my 'commissioning
test' (running new motors round the track for a few laps) showed that this motor
was unstable.  The fault was obvious after that.

LS@H are on the case.  I just hope I don't get banned for ringing up every time
there's a fault - they must have a catalogue of calls from me by now!

The motor itself was fine - shame the tyre can't be replaced by itself.  I
suppose the more human intervention there is in producing a piece like the
motor, the more room there is for error.

Mark

so are there any visable differances between the new and old 9volt train motors?
also what set did you get the new motor out of?
ondrew