 LEGO Company / 2117
2116  |  2118
Subject:
A New Color Quandary...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 20:02:41 GMT

OK, so I went to Kohl’s today and found two copies of a set on deep discount I’ve wanted for a while now. I’ve called it the “Gray/Brown Tile Pack” to myself.

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/3535 The “Skateboard Street Park”.

I then proceed to the Pizza shop to order a pie and build while I’m waiting. I pop open the box, build the picnic table and, voila!, there’s a Chocolate brown 1 x 6 tile. Just one, of the four, mind you.

Hmmm

So, then I pop the other set open. Lo and behold, another new-brown tile... just one. The boxes are dated (c) 2003. I’m a bit peeved. It would be one thing to have all on brown or all of another in the set, but mixing?

Was this market research, Jake? Was this done purposefully to test the buyer’s perceptions? God, if only I’d bought these sets when they were released. I would have raised high, holy... yeah... anyways.

Anyone else come upon these problems?