 LEGO Company / 14
Re: Annual Accounts 1999
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 20:11:45 GMT

Reading this report, I realized that the LEGO group is a company that is
strugling for its survival in this world of hard competion.

Until recently, I believed that the LEGO group was just another
profit-oriented company that wanted to make as much money as possible. I
read an article about a real live train built in LEGO blocks and wondered
how you could aford that. I've seen the computergames and thought: "what are
they doing now". I've read that prizes in America were lower then in Europe
because you didn't have patents from some blocks in America and I felt
neglected. I've felt the prize of a LEGO-set and I've seen the amount of
things I could create with it.
And from this al , I felt like if the LEGO-group did not care anymore about
the children.

Obviously, I was wrong.
You only make you're prices so high so that you can survive and bring us new
sets with which one can build fantasies and dreams.

I'm sorry for having lost my fait in LEGO.

Koen