 LEGO Company / 1261
1260  |  1262
Subject:
Quality Checking Issues?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 02:55:54 GMT

I was wondering if anyone has ever had any problems with items in Lego sets? The
reason I ask is because I recently got 2 sets from clearance sales, and they
both had oddities that I've never seen before. The first one was the Pepper
mini-fig from one of the Lego Island Extreme sets - his face was completly
missing the black on it! Only the red hair and the white parts of his eyes were
on the head. I would have dismissed that as a freak occurrence, but then I got
the 3538 Snowboard Chase set on clearance. One of the 2x4 33 degree white slope
wasn't even completely formed. It looks like the machine ran out of plastic or
something while that slope brick was being formed, so it's got a chunk 'bitten'
out of it.

I always thought that one of the things Lego did best was their quality control
system to prevent things like that from getting into boxes. Maybe it's slipping
a bit or something? Anyone ever find anything like this lately?
  John