 Inventories / 550
Re: 112 universal building set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:14:47 GMT

In lugnet.inv, Thomas Eipp wrote:
Hi All and Gerhard Istok

I was looking up some info for this set I just picked up. The Universal Building
Set 112. It says on the box front that there 185 pieces in it. Peeron list a 112
as a train set and one as a universal building set with 285 pieces in it's
inventory. Then to put more confusion into this, on Bricklink they list a set
112 as a universal building set with 203 pieces. The picture Bricklink has on
there web site shows the box and it reads 203 pieces. The picture on Peeron is
too blurred to be able to read. The picture on Lugnet database is to small to
read. So reading on lugnet you said (Gerhard) you had this 112 universal set
yourself. Does yours say 185 or 203 or 285 pieces? If it is 185 pieces can you
or would you or any one else send me a inventory list of parts? Mine has a
copyright date of 1976 on the box. Also did this set come with a instructions or
not? Any and all help that you are able to send me my way would be a great help
in solving this issue.  Thank you for your time.

Thomas Eipp

Thomas
Here is a copy of the corrections I sent to Peeron in Oct 2006.  One year ago
and it has not been corrected yet.

there are 185 pieces in this set not 258

these are should be's

3005 r/4
3010 bu/0, w/4, y/0
3009  bu/0, r/0, w/2, y/2
3008 bu/0, r/0, y/0
3003 bk/4, bu/4, r/4, w/4, y/4
3002 bu/2, r/2, w/2, y/2
3001 bk/8
3007 bu/0
3034 w/1

I am sure that they counted 3137c01 wheels including the two tires as one
element.

I did this inventory from two different sets.  Both were opened so I compared
them and also used the pictures on the boxes.  I feel that my inventory is
correct and I am 100% sure that the set was not 285 pieces in that they would
not fit unless a hundred or so were 1x1 or 1x2 plates

Above is the corrections.  There is a lot of confusion because the Peeron
inventories are way off quite often.  There is also the problem that the
inventory taken from European sets and assumed to be the same for the US sets
can be wrong.  There were changes made on many of them.  Also the number of
pieces changed with time and often the change would come before the boxes were
all used.  I have one set in this series and the European one that has 3
different piece counts on the boxes.

John P