 Inventories / 153
Re: Upgrade Peeron Donation Drive
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 23:03:19 GMT

In lugnet.announce.peeron, Dan Boger wrote:
Introducing the Upgrade Peeron Donation Drive

We're looking to upgrade Peeron's server to ensure the service continues to be
fast and useful. With over 80,000 visitors a month to Peeron.com, and another
40,000 to LDraw.org (which Peeron donates free space on the server for), the
speed and stability of our services has slowed.

Peeron is currently hosted on a dedicated FreeBSD server, with a Celeron 766MHz
CPU, and 256MB of memory. The database is hosted on the same server. Our goal is
to upgrade our service to a Celeron 1.7GHz CPU, with 1GB of memory, and move the
database to a seperate dedicated server. Note that all the sites that are hosted
by Peeron.com (including LDraw.org) will benefit from these upgrades.

To reach this goal, we need to raise $2,075:

    * $125 to upgrade the CPU.
    * $150 to upgrade the memory.
    * $1,800 for a year of dedicated database hosting.

To donate, just visit http://www.peeron.com/inv/donation_drive

Thanks!

Dan and Jennifer Boger

Thanks for all the service over the past few years.  I'm glad to help; Peeron is
an invaluable resource!

--Dave