 Instructions / 686
Re: Philippe's Forklift Building Instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 07:02:26 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

Hi Didier,
  I wanted to compliment you on your building instructions.  Very nice.

Thanks. I have pleasure to make it and this is would be impossible without the
work of Michael Lachmann (MLCAD), Lars C. Hassing (L3P) and your work.So thanks
to you all. (and thanks to James' family)

  Did you want the fork on the forklift to be at the top, instead of the bottom?

No, when running, the right way for a real forklift truck is to have his forks
down.

  If so, you can probably open the forklift part you used with MLCad.
It is in LDRAW/PARTS.  There is a strong probability that the rails are
one part and the fork another.  You could use them as two separate parts
when assembling your model in MLCad, instead of the original single part
you used.

As you can see in the MPD
(http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=120039) I used the 4517 and
4518 parts with a spring created with Marc Klein's Spring generator.

  Drop me a note if you want some help.

I will not hesitate, thanks.

Just a point that I want to underline (but it's maybe MLCAD or L3P issue and
maybe have been discussed yet) : when I use buffer exchange, LPub generate BOM
with supernumerary parts...is there a way to fix it ?

Kevin (author of LPub) Clague

Regards,

Didier