 Instructions / 12
  Re: Follow-up: What *IS* a building instruction anyway?

(...) Well, I'd say almost the opposite. Firstly, the instructions Lego produce are (for most AFOLs) needlessly laborious in their detail. Megablocks and Shifty/Brick both produce far more compact instructions that do more at each step and they are (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Follow-up: What *IS* a building instruction anyway?

Yet another 10c from me ... A lot of the time I don't think we really need detailed building instructions. For many models, a few good photos from all angles of the finished product and a few detailed photos of "tricky bits" and "significant (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jul-02, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Follow-up: What *IS* a building instruction anyway?

(...) Your assumptions of the audience and what is a BI are different than mine. As I stated before, I want to make sure that the user of my BIs duplicated MY MODEL 100% the same way I did mine. Otherwise, s/he is NOT building MY MODEL but a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: Follow-up: What *IS* a building instruction anyway?

(...) This may be true but I don't HAVE megablocks, Shifty/Brick, DON'T WANT THEM, and more importanlty DO NOT CARE WHAT THEY DO! THOSE ARE FAKE LEGOS AND SHOULD I WILL NEVER TOUCH THEM OR THEIR BIs... YUK! =) So in my mind there is ONLY 1 BRICK: (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.inst)