 Instructions / *301 (-20)
  Save your valentines with this BIs

Don’t know what to get your loved one for valentines? Well we got the answer! With only 48 hours left A&M Productions is proud to present a new set of building instructions by entitled Be Mine Sculptor! This sculptor is a creation of Tony Hafner and (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

Kevin, I just wanted to say WOW! This program just gets better and better. I don't know what you have done to this build of LPub, but it's the first build that I have been able to use straight away without first having to negotiate around mini bugs (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  B.I. Portal reaches 300 instructions!

Today was another landmark for the B.I. Portal... we reached 300 uploaded instructions! We are quickly approaching the 400 instruction number...at which time, we will give away a 5563 Model Team Racing Truck! In an ongoing effort to help build and (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Build-a-Bot CDs

I made some updates to the Build-a-Bot Page Links on my site, have a look: (URL) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.inst, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) Steven, I think it was a fair question, not a stupid one. Please *don't* shut up. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) Worked like a charm. Shoot...I should have thought of that. Boy do I feel stupid. Sorry about that! I'll shut up now. -- Steven (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

Steven, In LPub Steps, Generate, uncheck Construction Images, then use Generate->Instruction Images menu item. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) OK...I'm new to editing .DAT files (although this is an area I would like to improve). That was just too cool. I used LDraw Design Pad, removed the lines under the wire stub area, previewed the image (using the LDView button) and the wire was (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) Yep, we sure have! I'm finding it incredibly useful for my multiple projects right now. Thanks again, Kevin, for your hard work with this! (...) And we're all better for it that you are :-) -Tim (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) Thanks Steve! Tim Courtney and I have been putting LPub through its paces trying to get stuff ready for BricksWest. I finished up building instructions for a pneumatic adding machine, and Tim has got some of his own tricks up his sleeve. I (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

Steven, My bad. 880A.DAT is an LSynth part that I failed to add to the setup list. You can make one of your own by copying 880.DAT to 880A.DAT. Edit 880A.DAT and remove the electric cord stub. I'll add it tto the distribution. Thanks, Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

Kevin, Quick technical question. When I try to use the part 2982C02.DAT ~Electric Light Sensor (Complete Assembly Shortcut without wire) I receive a "File 880A.DAT not found! Continue loading?" error. When I respond yes, it loads the sensor but (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

Kevin, Boy, you continue to make a great program even better! Thanks for all of your time updating LPub. It has become my new best friend when documenting student instructions. I used it yesterday and save for a few little quirks, free software just (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

As is often the case, I gave an incomplete URL. Try this: (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Hyperdrive Booster Ring Instructions

For those interested, I finally found the time to finish instructions for my Hyperdrive Booster Ring. You can find the LDRAW file, parts list and PDF instructions here: (URL) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub support for external POV post processors (was Sand Green)

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H915Bq.JGC@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) it (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I am not a Perl weenie - I have done a little with it but by no means would I consider myself versed enough to sit (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H90qHs.CCn@lugnet.com... (...) I have found that putting a shadowless light _exactly_ at the camera point makes sure there are no visible areas showing only the 'ambient' color. In (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

(...) Great! <snip> (...) Uh... I was going to suggest this but LPub doesn't support them (blush ;-) Time to add *that* to the wish list. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub support for external POV post processors (was Sand Green)

Mike, Thanks for the input on TCL. My bias towards perl is primarily because I know perl ;-) I've learned a *lot* of computer languages in my life, so it is no big deal to learn another. I'd guess that TCL is easier to graft into an application. It (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

OK got some stuff figured out... Color 295 looks close to Sand Green, its on the second page of colors after 256, top row last color. Sand green ~= gray + green ==> 7 + 2*16 + 256 = 295. See .dat and .pov examples below. Notice that the color table (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact