 Harry Potter / 920
Re: Saw the movie today!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 19:17:42 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Maggie Cambron writes:

I wasn't completely satisfied
with the appearance of Voldemort's face although I can't suggest a better
alternative (here LEGO definitely did it better than the movie! :-)).

Remember the movie "Total Recall", in which it turns out that the rebel
mastermind is some sort of mutant fetus attached to someone's torso (sorry, I
can't recall his name)?  I always pictured Voldemort in HP:TSS to be somewhat
similar - an undeveloped fetus-with-an-adult-face melded onto Quirrel's head.
I didn't love the movie's interpretation (though it probably was more in
keeping with J.K. Rowling intent, since she was apparently consulted on just
about every element), but I figure my version might have been a bit too
unsettling for what is basically being billed as a kid's movie.

-s