 Harry Potter / 903
902  |  904
Subject:
Perfect description of Hagrid's roof (funny!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 07:32:56 GMT

It was kinda quiet at work today (video store) so I decided to take a closer
look at the parts for Hagrid's Hut, Snape's class, and Diagon Alley which I
just happened to have with me.  When I showed my co-worker the
fabric/plastic sheet that was the roof for Hagrid's Hut, he said:  "That's
so McDonald's."

I nearly fell out of my chair laughing!  A perfect description!  Even with
careful folding on my part (since when did Lego want to get a corner of the
origami market?), the roof still did not come together as pictured.  There
was a hole at the top and the triangular sections do not line up well at
all.  Without a parent's aid, I sincerely doubt any 8-12 year-olds are going
to have fun trying to get this cheesy thing to work as intended.  This
better be the last time I find something in the box that isn't made out of
ABS.  I also noticed that the taper of the roof on the box photo and in the
instruction booklet was much lower than the actual one.  The set's better
with the roof off anyway so that you can see inside.  It also really annoys
me that I have to throw something away from a Lego set aside from the papers
and the box.

Probably my single biggest gripe with the HP sets is TLG's trend (other than
Hagrid's Hut) to eliminate walls.  Almost all the small HP sets are cubes
with no walls.  I know that you can fit them all together, but the sets
should look like something by themselves.  There's more air than ABS here,
and I don't like it.

On the brighter side, the new pieces are overall really great.  Norbert is
great, I like Hagrid (especially since his hair fits on a regular minifig
head) but I wish that his feet were movable.  The rats, owls, pink and
purple wizard hats, gray ghost torso and head, new wooden door, spellbooks,
new hairstyles and new face designs are great!  LOTS of great new Castle
pieces.

Dave