 Harry Potter / 329
328  |  330
Subject:
Some notes on sets...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 01:38:23 GMT

I went back to the toy store that had the box mock ups, and took a few
notes. There are probably some details I overlooked because I don't know
much about HP.

4701 Sorting Hat
    HP in a black conical hat (seemed like the old cone hat from the castle
line). He is sitting on what looks to be a 'Wheel of Fortune' device. You
can spin the wheel and when it stops it will point to an image on the disk.
It looks like it is a large 8-stud diameter disk, the sort that was in the
Exploriens hovertron set, with images of objects painted on it.

4702 Final Challenge
    HP (?) vs another character. Couldn't make out who was who. One either
has red hair, or a red turban-like head piece? The picture is really bad and
you can only see the back of the head, so it is hard to tell. They were
standing in an alcove, maybe 8x8, with a 'painting' of what looked like HP
on the back wall.

4721 Class and Mirror
    HP fig, a white owl, an 'environment piece' which consists of an arched
doorway with door, a small table (two double-high brackets, like this ][,
with 2x2 plate on top), and what I assume is supposed to be a 'mirror'. It
looks like a family portrait. The other 'environment piece' is a lab table
with a large vat, small rack of books, various ingredients, and a
chalkboard.

4709
    Took a closer look at this one. You've probably seen the image from the
eBay auction. Here are some details that are not noticeable in that image.
There are 4 new hair pieces in this set. HP's, and two of his friends (as
seen on the Creator box), and the wizard. The figures are as follows:
    HP
    3 students - girl w/long brown hair, boy (?) with short orange(? - color
was not good on the print) hair, boy with tan regular (Luke) hair.
    1 wizard - dressed in all purple, has a white ninja beard and a new
light gray hair piece
    2 zombie looking figures - One looks like it is actually supposed to be
a zombie or monster, the other has long black hair and seems like an evil
student or something
    1 knight - With pointy face helmet, sculpted chest plate (I confirmed
this, I wasn't sure after seeing the auction pic), a green rounded tear drop
shield (looks like the purple Gungan shield), and a sword
    Hagrid - Looks like the figure on the creator box.
Yes, that's 8 minifigs, and 1 brick/creator fig hybrid
    The flat roof does look like it is the same material as the 'sails' with
a roof pattern printed on. The tower roofs do appear to be sand green. The
largest tower has what looks like a one-piece roof, but all the other towers
have a roof that is made up of sand green rocket cones. Most towers are
constructed with the following combination, from bottom to top: 4x4 to 2x2
double height cone, 2x2 to 1x1 double height cone, 1x1 cone.
    Most of the towers are tan, while most of the columns are light gray,
and dark gray accents.

That looks like it for my notes. I also noticed a shelf tag for a previously
unreported Bionicle set, but you'll have to check out that board.

Rob