 Harry Potter / 1621
Re: No new Harry potter LEGO sets for 2009
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2009 08:41:57 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, William Toenjes wrote:
No surprise here but confirmed by article at MuggleNet:

Yeah, I had a feeling it was going that way.  The first two movies produced a
deluge of HP sets.  The third came with a decent spread.  The fourth had a
handful, and the fifth only had a third Hogwarts, but not a lot of
movie-specific sets.

And actually, I think it's less that there's no way to produce kid-friendly sets
that tie in with the movie, as it is the fact that they're probably concerned
with having the HBP movie logo on the box.  Even if it's just a scene where
everyone is sitting in a room eating popcorn, parents are going to see that logo
on the box and immediately think of how dark the movie is.supposed to be.

And there were people who were hoping that we'd see a LEGO Harry Potter game
done in the style of the LEGO Star Wars/Indiana Jones/Batman games...