 Harry Potter / 1304
Re: Box scans of 4719 and 4720
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 19:07:42 GMT

Very cool.  Some random thoughts:

Quidditch supplies - I would have liked to see a shopkeeper fig, but I
understand why LEGO includes major characters.  I'm just starting to get a pile
of Harrys and Dracos.  I can't see Draco's torso very well, but it looks
generic enough to be useful outside the theme.  Lots of slopes in sand green,
some elements in rust brown (or whatever you call that), and that rare 1x1
round plate in shiny gold.  Is that flag in a different color of green, or is
that just the picture quality?  New printed elements include the clip on flag
with the quidditch symbol, the window, and a new book.  Is that cash register
new (I don't have the Gringotts set or the original Diagon Alley set)? I like
the design of the lamps on the front of the store.

Dark Arts store (I forget the name) - Same comment on the figs, though both
Harry and Lucius have a new torsos that are generically usefull for Town
builders.  Lots of sand and dark blue, which is cool.  Lots of slopes and
arches.  That bay window element doesn't thrill me, but oh well.  Also the roof
that is a plate on a hinge could be replaced with real slopes.  Lots of cool
elements including the new printed tile with severed hand pattern, the brain in
a jar from the Monsters Studio set, the evil eye 1x1 bricks from the tree in
the Werewolf set, trans cylinders cones spider goblet and jewel, that cash
register again.  Is that 1x2 plate with hinge fingers on the side a new
element?  Working Floo Powder fireplace is a surprise - I wondered what that
was when I saw pictures from Toy Fair.

Overall, very cool.  These have lots of great elements and good design - sooooo
much better than the original Diagon Alley Shops set.  I'll get at least one of
each but will probably add to them to give more complete walls and roofs.
Maybe one of these days I'll do a Diagon Alley MOC.  I've certainly got enough
wands and owls to make shops for those.

Bruce