 Harry Potter / 1258
1257  |  1259
Subject:
A few comments on Dumbledore's Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:29:40 GMT

Got this at TRU on the buy one get second 50% sale and I think it's ok.
What it's lacking in architechtural appeal it makes up for in parts.  You
put together the bottom section first and this section contained my favorite
thing about this set:  four 1x2 trans-purple bricks!  It also has the new
staircase in back, a safe on the front left, and something on the front
right that's a complete mystery to me.  Must be from the book and I don't
recall.

The top section has an opening table, spinning chair, and the funny
whirlygig at the top.  The four 1/4 circle spindle fence pieces in tan are
here.  This section doesn't look as good as the lower one because the
opening panels don't enclose the are completely so the tower looks like it
has a wall missing.  Overall, the design also has a little of that flimsy
skeletal structure in other HP sets.

Still, great parts, lots of tan and sand green, plus four gray plain curved
walls and four gray curved walls with the stone pattern, dark gray horse
helmet and dragon wings, and the Professor McGonogall with a printed green
2x2x2 slope dress!

Dave