 General / Search Results: bleach
 Results 21 – 29 of 29.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Restoring old white and grey parts

"James Casey" <waferthinninja@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H6JqE1.Eo4@lugnet.com... (...) You'll have limited success bleaching white parts, but grey and blue you have no chance, they will discolour even more in bleach. When I last tried, I (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

bleach
(score: 0.741)

  Restoring old white and grey parts

I bought a large collection of lego from someone, including some quite old stuff. Unfortunately, almost all the older white pieces have started to go brown, and the grey are slightly yellowy. The blue are also slightly discouloured but not too bad. (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.general)

bleach
(score: 0.739)

  Hydrogen peroxide for bleaching Lego bricks?

Hi all, There have been various threads here discussing use of bleach for restoring yellowed white bricks, some with better success than others. But has anyone thought about using "green bleach", or hydrogen peroxide, to do the same? I recently (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.general)

bleach
(score: 0.718)

  Re: I Just Don't See It

(...) I have to agree. If you are looking at new brick from around the same time period, then I think LEGO tends to have a very high color consistency. (...) I can't speak for anyone else, but something to came to mind when looking at the discussion (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.general)

bleach
(score: 0.704)

  Re: Cleaning old Lego

(...) Bleach is great for dirt, but yellowing of ABS is caused by a chemical breakdown of the plastic molecules, not surface dirt. ABS is not UV-stable, and natural ABS (which has a milky beige color) will turn brown and brittle/powdery over time. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.general)

bleach
(score: 0.702)

  Re: Cleaning old Lego

(...) I do it as Dan suggested. (in previous mail) But, to add something to your question: Has anybody tried to bleach yellowed parts? (20 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.general)

bleach
(score: 0.700)

  Whitening yellowed bricks

HI, I bought a Futuron space set that has some of the white pieces yellowed. I checked the FAQ and will try soaking them in a bleach solution to restore the colour. I'm concerned about the printed pieces though. Does anyone have experience on this. (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jan-05, to lugnet.general)

bleach
(score: 0.668)

  Re: Un-yellow old plastic - will it work on LEGO?

(...) ... Yes. I tried this last week and the results were very good. Take a look at this (URL) post>. The picture shows the results before and after a exposure of only 2 hours in the sun. We are having a heat wave here in Brazil and I was afraid of (...) (15 years ago, 9-Mar-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX)

bleach
(score: 0.523)

  Re: Strong smoke smell on parts

Hi Lee, Wash the smoke damaged bricks in warm soapy water with a small amount of bleach. Let the bricks soak for a few hours. Rinse and let the bricks air dry on a towel. The bleach smell will fade after a few days and your bricks will no longer (...) (14 years ago, 3-Feb-10, to lugnet.general)

bleach
(score: 0.493)