 General / 9768
9767  |  9769
Subject:
LEGO Washing Warning!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 14:37:39 GMT

I've been buying a ton of used LEGO sets and bits over the past few
months (many of you have comented on how many aucitons I'm participating
in). I have been washing almost all the LEGO parts, but things get so
hectic that I have had several buckets of LEGO soaking in the kitchen.

This weekend I finally got around to putting some of the LEGO out to
dry. One bucket held a 6411 Sand Dollar Cafe. When I put eveything in a
wire colander (I bought a new colander a few weeks ago just for LEGO, my
old plastic one had holes large enough for small parts to escape), I
noticed that the surfboard sails had separated into two pieces, and much
of the printing was washed off.

The thin plastic sheet sails and flags are made of two layers. The
printing is on the inside.

I have not noticed any damage to sails which were washed and immediately
set out to dry, so whatever holds the two layers together doesn't
immediately decompose.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com