 General / 947
Re: LUGNET Blurb (was Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 17:57:01 GMT

Once upon a time, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote:

-----begin possible revision-----

Since the LUGNET newsgroups are hosted on a customized, privately owned
newsserver, there are a couple notable differences between RTL and the
LUGNET newsgroups:
- Everyone is expected to tell their real-life name.
- Everyone must pledge to abide by the terms and conditions of use (mostly
traditional netiquette) before being able to post.

Maybe "Everyone can read the lugnet postings, but before posting new
messages, you must agree to follow some basic rules of netiquette and
agree to conditions of use."?

- Postings appear instantly to all readers because everyone connects
directly to the same central newsserver; there are no message propagation
delays.

... or missed messages because your ISP didn't pick up some
message(s).

- Because it is a privately owned newsserver, there is no guarantee that
it will be around forever and ever.  However, the owners/operators are
die-hard LEGO fanatics and are committed to its ongoing existence.

Now that sounds like 4 positive statements to me.  How's that sound to you?

Mostly sounds great.  My nits are shown above.

Steve