 General / 9319
Re: LEGO globe
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 1999 12:45:10 GMT

Thanx, craig... you can call it 'art' as you like [grin].

The Queen of Hearts is 'on hold'. I'm trying to control my buying habits
and by buying any more bricks except during sales... we'll see how long
that lasts. My red brick supply has diminished recently as well since
the interior of the globe has red-struts for support, and I'm almost
done with a large chess set (red and black pieces).

But the QoH and Mad hatter are not forgotten. My home is starting to
fill up with models as well... yikes, the 'Wonderland' guest bedroom
won't be able to hold many more life-sizers.

eric

craig hamilton wrote:

In lugnet.general, John Matthews writes:
All I can say about this one is "Wow!"

John Matthews

Eric Harshbarger <eric@ericharshbarger.org> wrote in message

For those interested, here's proof that these days
my whole world consists of LEGO bricks:

LEGO-Earth
http://www.ericharshbarger.org/lego/globe.html

eric

Eric Harshbarger / eric@ericharshbarger.org / www.ericharshbarger.org

"Oh please, if people are going to start telling the truth around
here... I'm going to bed." - Jackie-O (Parker Posey, THE HOUSE OF YES)
eric ~
you just never cease to amaze me! i loved your parrot sculpture too, btw.i just
never got a chance to post a big gushing rave.
the globe is a bit different for you with a strong technical aspect (as
opposed to organic) not previously seen in your work, i agree with the lesser
contrast green & blue color scheme.?~ yours is very soothing and peaceful
world.  i enjoyed reading your "builder's nightmare" story. we've all been
there, just not to the global proportion, that you have...:-)  i know you call
it craftsmanship, but at least let me keep calling your lego sculptures _ART_!
later ~ craig
p,s. ~ how's that queen of hearts coming?