 General / 9121
Re: More Mindfest Tidbits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:41:27 GMT

C.  From what I was told, and I don't know much about where and how bricks • are
made, TLG does have the capability to do bulk orders but their biggest • hurdle
is to cut down shipping costs to make it worth while.  It seemed to me • that
they were saying that the parts are all manufactured in Europe and the • problem
resides in filling bulk orders and keeping shipping costs down.  Know I • have
no idea how much of this is true but this is what I understood from my
conversations.

Perhaps we are approaching the problem wrong when we try to to get them to
notice us by using a dollar ammount or a piece count as an attractive
minimum order (as has been discussed elsewhere).

Perhaps they are just waiting for us to order enough parts to fill up one of
those nifty shipping containers (the kind that can go from the boat to a
train to a truck and are commonly used for overseas shipping)

I've got enough room in my driveway for one of those!  <grin>

Troy