 General / 8932
Re: A change in attitude: was Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 19:54:11 GMT

<trimmed original>

Nick, I agree with part of what you're saying, but if that were totally • true,
then why would TLG have Service Packs at all?

I wouldn't care at all about bulk orders if TLG improved and expanded their
Service Pack selection.  As I've stated before (ad nauseum) TLG had 138
different service packs back in 1963.

Tiles were in 3 different service packs in 1969 (one white/red, one
blue/yellow, one black/grey), Windows & Doors  were in 20 different service
packs in 1963 (10 red, 10 white).  What do we have today?  No tile packs, • and
only 2 Windows & Doors packs, one of which is Dacta.

So really, if they offered more service packs (even if only at • Shop-At-Home), I
don't think that Bulk Orders would be such a pressing issue.

Gary Istok

Why TLG has services packs at all is not a question I can answer. I don't
know. I could guess but I would probably be wrong.

I agree if they expanded the service pack options I would be content as
well. All I need are a few hard to find /non-existent pieces. And while it
would be nice to save some money on large quantities (bulk orders) of those
pieces, I would be happy with a way to obtain them in the first place.

-Nick