 General / 8778
8777  |  8779
Subject:
Colin and Wanda arrive safely in Scotland!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 20:38:09 GMT

Colin and Wanda arrived in Paisley, Scotland, this afternoon. They are
safe and well, if a little shaken by events at the airport. Here's part
of the article from the evening edition of Minifig Herald. It's the
usual tabloid trash, I'm afraid...

<quote>

Details are still sketchy but it appears that, following an approach
described by Air Traffic Control as "hairy, very hairy", the Danavia
twinjet landed very heavily on the nosewheel, then slid the length of
the runway, shedding the starboard mainwheels in the process, and came
to rest just yards from the end of runway 07, and from the water. The
incident elicited a full-scale response from the local ResQ brigade,
established only last week amid much controversy over local authority
budgeting.

Crash investigators are still at the scene, eating sandwiches at
government expense and trying to piece together the cause of the
accident. The pilot of the aircraft is nowhere to be seen. Several
people in astronaut suits reported seeing a "short stubbly guy dressed
in green with a wide-brimmed hat" running from the crash site. Police
dismissed these witnesses as "a bunch of space cadets".

</quote>

Wanda was looked after very well by the ResQ people, who have offered
hospitality for the duration of the travellers' visit. (Sounds like a PR

stunt to me.) Colin turned up here at about dusk, looking furtively over

his shoulder and mumbling something about the Civil Aviation Authority.
Neither of them will tell me anything about the events of this
afternoon, but once the Police and the CAA get involved I start getting
nervous. (I have a pilots' licence of my own to worry about.) Since it
would appear that Colin, at least, is a fugitive from justice, the plan
is to lie low for a few days, then take a look round Paisley and
Glasgow. I'll probably take them to Uni (they can help me with Boolean
Algebra), and to the McDonald's I work at - where everyone seems to be a

closet Lego fan.

Must dash, as I've got entertaining to do. Please could you forward this

to RTL and the relevant people for me - I'm still trying to get news
access sorted. (Spent half an hour waiting for a PC in Uni yesterday,
then 10 minutes trying to make it accept my login name, only to find
that the web access was down.)

--
Edward J Daniel <ed.daniel@locust.co.uk>