 General / 8741
Re: Wanted - garage door info and part(s)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 13:48:02 GMT

Simon Robinson wrote:
On the subject of garage doors, it might be worth
pointing out that there's a garage door in the Ice
Planet set 6973 Deep Freeze Defender.
Some people may not have realised
this as it's not obvious from the catalogue picture. It's smaller than
normal - 8 of the actual door bricks whereas my fire station door
has 10. And because the door is on its side in
this set it only has 8 of the 1x2 bricks with vertical slots in for
the door to fit into - though it still has the two long bricks with
horizontal slots.

I'm a bit surprised this set doesn't do better since it also has the Ice
Planet babe in it. I picked one up at a used toy store for $18, but when
I got it home and started playing with it (it came built - a kid is
selling his collection, and the toy store owner told the kid the sets
sell better if they are built so people can see they are complete or
essentially complete), I decided to keep it as is, and the next time I
was in, picked up the other Ice Planet sets (oh well, so much for having
one theme I wasn't buying...).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com