 General / 8683
Re: Busy Bee - in the flesh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:30:21 GMT

Simon Robinson wrote:

Well having been intrigued by all the talk of Busy Bee
I decided I was curious enough to see what the shop was
really like.

So on the way back from shopping in Manchester on
Saturday I and a couple of friends took a detour and called in.

You'd never believe it's the shop where people from across
the world place orders for old sets they've heard about
on the Internet. It's tiny! It's situated in a small row of shops
in the suburbs of Manchester. It's got a rather old, worn-looking
yellow wooden 'Busy Bee' sign above the window, and I'd guess the total
floor area at no more than 2 or 3 times the size of my living
room.  To look at it you really wouldn't be able to tell the place
apart from any other independent small town toyshop.

Now we all know why it sounds so chaotic when we call...

Actually I had a hint of its size from a picture I found on the web:

http://www.mmu.ac.uk/h-ss/sis/chorlton/chorlpic.htm

Scroll down to "page 9" and click on Busy Bee Toy Shop.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com