 General / 8577
    Re: What´s new at www.lego.com ? —Andrew Lynch
   Actually, I was thinking the same thing... -Andy Lynch Kevin Loch wrote in message ... (...) noticed (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: What´s new at www.lego.com ? —Kevin Loch
   Well, upon closer inspection (I did a 9x enhancement) It looks like: It has hair instead of a helmet. It might be wearing a cape. The jetpack goes too far down the torso to be a classic airtank. It's left arm is swung back behind the jetpack. My (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: What´s new at www.lego.com ? —Matthew Miller
   (...) What do you mean, "enhancement"? You mean you enlarged the image? You don't gain any more information that way -- if anything, you lose meaningful data as your software makes up pixels to smooth things out. (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: What´s new at www.lego.com ? —Kevin Loch
     I do get more of the information that's already there into my brain. KL (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: What´s new at www.lego.com ? —Steve Bliss
     (...) The information may be the same, but some things are easier to see in enlargements. And some things are easier to see un-enlarged. Steve (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: What´s new at www.lego.com ? —Matthew Miller
     (...) Easier to see in the sense that the computer has provided data to make it look better bigger, so it's all nice and smooth and all, but not easier to see in any sense that cares about what's actually in the image! (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: What´s new at www.lego.com ? —Mike Stanley
   (...) Unless he works for the CIA and is using their fractal image-enhancement software.... (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)