 General / 8018
8017  |  8019
Subject:
Indy Car Consolation T-Shirt
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 05:21:40 GMT

A few weeks ago I posted here about a local Target that, according
to a flyer I got from Lego, would be hosting the "Life Size LEGO
Target Championship Indy Race Car Model Show".

Well, it's supposed to be at that Target now, so I stopped by earlier
this week to check it out.  I poked around a bit.  Couldn't find a
car.  Couldn't even find any signs about it.  Found a lot of Lego,
bad selection, nothing on sale.  No life-sized Lego car.

Ok... oh well... on my way out, I asked a salesperson what was up.
Lucky for me, she knew about it.  Apparently, at the last moment,
Lego had decided to show the car somewhere else.  She had no idea
where.  She mentioned that it was going to have cost Target over
$2K to host the car for a week or two, which I thought was
interesting.

But anyway, the main reason I'm even bothering to post is this:
because it was a last moment change, Lego gave her a bunch of t-shirts
to give to anyone who "might show up asking about it".  I was the
first one that she knew of that had asked, so she gave me 3 of them.
They're not great t-shirts, but they're not bad.  They've got a
picture of the Indy car (I gather) and have the Lego and Target
logos on them.  They'll be fine for biking and playing Ultimate in.

So... it's sort of cool that Lego did this consolation prize type
thing.  Thought some of you might like to know.  Maybe they have
cooler t-shirts for other non-events.  :)

-r'm