 General / 797
Re: FOTW: 496 Spirit of St. Louis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 20:56:48 GMT

This is, of course, set number 493, not 496.  Just in case anyone wanted
to hop over to see a pic of my incredible find, I thought I should
correct that.  This was one of my childhood sets and that's why I'm
especially pleased to have found it again.  And I'm surprised too.  I
live in a small town where no Lego was sold 20 years ago.  I received
the Lego I had on out-of-town trips to "big cities" and from relatives
in Germany, so I've always thought of Lego as a rarity.  Now my town has
a K-Mart and Wal*Mart so the common sets are there, but I still have to
go on trips to see any trains or Mindstorms sets.  And I really don't
buy a lot of Lego from K-mart/Wal*mart.  Well, just some observations
and a correction...

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu

Thomas Main wrote:

Well, I found a mostly complete with box 496 Spirit of St. Louis set
this weekend at a thrift store.  It's now complete and I suppose I'll
have to build a museum around it :)  Set me back $0.27.

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu