 General / 7813
7812  |  7814
Subject:
Non-webpage LEGO reference?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 15:56:34 GMT

I'm trying to figure out how TLG wants their product to be referenced-- I've
read the 'legal notice' section of TLG's web page, but everything it talks
about for how to reference lego seems to be specific to websites... I'd guess
that for general reference, it would be the same rules, but I'm not sure...

At any rate, the jist that I'm getting is:
you can say "I like to play with LEGO(R) bricks"
but you can't say "I like to play with LEGO(R)"
But is the (R) necessary everywhere? and also, they say that it shouldn't stand
out from the other text in any way, but does this mean anything about
capitalization? Seems more like a strict internet issue... but is it ok to say
"I like to play with lego(R) bricks"? or "I like to play with Lego(R) bricks"?

And referring to the company should be 'the Lego Group' or 'the LEGO Group'? I
don't think that needs the (R)... anyway, I'll probably call tonight and ask,
but has anyone dealt with this issue before and know what they actually want?

Thanks,
DaveE