 General / 7439
Re: found some stuff in an old catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 05:26:58 GMT

Jason Spangler wrote in message <37D40057.44443C53@wombatgames.com>...
Wow, 1982 was an awesome year for town, space, and castle!  I hadn't • realized
just how good of a year it was until I saw all of the sets in one place.

   Yep!  Several of my favorite kits ever were in that catalog.  I have all
of those Space and Castle sets, and quite a few of the Town sets, too.
Classic Space is my favorite of all Space subthemes - so that was one of the
best Lego years, for me.  Classic Castle was great, too, but I wish there
had been more than three sets before the grey castles came out.  I have a
1990 catalog which shows a lot of the greats from late 80s, too, and its
another great catalog (first year of Pirates, lots of good Castles and
Town... and Blacktron!).

Also, on page 19 they capitalize and trademark "Mini-figures", I don't • remember
seeing that before.

   You know thats pretty weird.  I have seen the trademark before in other
literature, but I wonder why its only by Mini-figures once instead of by
every occurence in the catalog?

   Above was found in 1982 Dealer catalog.  Can be seen at:
http://www114.pair.com/ig88/lego/dc82/

It's very cool how you made the catalog images imagemaps pointing to the • entry
in the Pause database!

   Thanks, I did that while watching a movie.  I think it came out pretty
good.  If you have two monitors, its really cool, because the window pops up
on the other monitor!  Try it!