 General / 7375
Re: polybags perforated vs solid
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 02:58:48 GMT

We've opened 20+ copies of the same sets, and we get any mix of the three bags:
1) Perforated, so the kiddies can't choke
2) Unperforated with the big CHOKING HAZARD label, so the parents can't sue
3) Unperforated with no warning, I assume so TLG lawyers can stay in business
   defending against these parents when they sue.

I remember as a child that my parents were pleased with the perforated Lego
sacks.  I don't know why they still use the others, unless they are cheaper...

Naji

In lugnet.general, Simon Robinson writes:
I've often pondered about whether there's some rule
about when Lego uses perforated polybags and when they
use the more solid-looking, unperforated, ones.

I've finally concluded there is no pattern (apart possibly from
the solid bags tending to turn up in more recent sets).

The reason? I finally got round to opening my 4532 level
crossings. They are all packed identically. Except that one of
them has perforated polybags and the others have the
non-perforated bags. So I guess they really are interchangeable.

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com