 General / 7046
7045  |  7047
Subject:
trying to find the sets for these pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 03:24:10 GMT

Hey all, I've got a rather obscure mission for you.  In an effort to determine
which sets I used to own but no longer have all the pieces for, I'm attempting
to figure out which sets some of my pieces came from.  I expect most of these
are from the Late 70's and very early 80's.  We can make this a game and see
who can help me figure out.  Here's what I have:

1)  A white 45 degree 2x2 slope with two colored U shapes on it.  The smaller
inner one is blue, and the larger outer one is red.  I have the matching
minifig with the same logo on his chest.  I believe these pieces are from a
small race car.

2)  A significant portion of red slopes, of both 33 and 45 degree flavors, 2x2,
2x4, 3x2, 3x4 and the double slopes for both 33 and 45's.  I suspect these are
part of a roof of one or more houses.

3)  A couple of red gates, parts 3186 and 3187, as well as red fence pieces
3185.  It's likely they belong to the same house as 2.

4)  I remember having a couple of those green 1-brick thick baseplates as well,
but I don't own them any longer.  They also belonged to this house, most
likely.

5)  9 old style large minifig heads, which are a little over 2 studs in
diameter.  Included in them are 2 brown male wigs, 1 black female wig with
little ponytails over the ears, and 1 grey grandma wig.

6)  5 old style minifig bodies (the ones without arms) 3 are red, two are
black.

7)  4 3579 door frames, 2 white, 1 red, 1 yellow, and 4 7930 doors, 3 red and 1
yellow.

I realize this is all very obscure.  If anyone can help me narrow down my
search (without me having to click on each entry in the pause magazine set
list) I'd be appreciative.

Thanks
  Adrian

--