 General / 6977
Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 18:36:42 GMT

Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> writes:
And Lego is cheaper here because of lower taxes as well (I had to
throw in this statistic because Todd's gonna yell at us if we go too
far from the LEGO topic).

It's funny: when I was younger, I thought LEGO was cheaper in Belgium
(where most of my relatives live) than in the US because it was closer to
Denmark.  Maybe it was cheaper because my parents didn't have to pay for
it; my grandparents did :)

P.S.  Another quirk:  we might also be the only ones that give free
refills on a cup of coffee in all our restaurants.  But have you ever
tasted American coffee?  Now there's something else to whine about.
European Coffee is superb, even if you have to pay for every cup!

What about soft drinks, though?  Although you usually get more than half
ice, you can often get free refills in the US.  In Europe, however, the
Coke is hardly ever cold, and you get the smallest glass they can find :)
And water isn't free at restaurants in Europe either...
--Bram