 General / 6887
  Re: U.S. Lego (Was Re: What is Samsonite Lego?)

(...) I know, I was just trying to supplement tariffs and the like. I would have to look at the 50-60's taxes, import, etc. to see for sure, but it most cases, it is usually better for the company in question to have a US division, to get around all (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: U.S. Lego (Was Re: What is Samsonite Lego?)

I didn't hear about this one? What happened? Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: U.S. Lego (Was Re: What is Samsonite Lego?)

(...) Like the recent decision on lamb imports. The thing there is: The us lamb producers can vote in the comming election and the australian ones cant so the us ones win out. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: U.S. Lego (Was Re: What is Samsonite Lego?)

(...) The us imposed tarrifs on imports of australian lamb. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 21-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: U.S. Lego (Was Re: What is Samsonite Lego?)

The US has some strange trade and (...) Cuba is (...) like (...) I think that the main difference here is that China is a HUGE market that US Companies want to get into, whereas Cuba is not. And since big companies pay big money for lobbyists, they (...) (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: U.S. Lego (Was Re: What is Samsonite Lego?)

Not when the Chi-Comm's give you millions of dollars in campaign contributions for the election and nuclear missile technology! Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: U.S. Lego (Was Re: What is Samsonite Lego?)

(...) Oh, I don't know. The Australian lamb producers could spend some of their money to buy votes/politicians just like other foreign groups do. (25 years ago, 22-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: U.S. Lego (Was Re: What is Samsonite Lego?)

(...) Let's be real here! We still have a trade embargo against Cuba because we're still miffed that they chose the USSR over *us* for their sugar daddy. Go ahead, try to find that argument in any textbook :-) Beth Reiten (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: U.S. Lego (Was Re: What is Samsonite Lego?)

Beth, While I kind of agree, let's remember that Castro parked several nuclear missiles around 90 miles out of Florida, hence the embargo. I think it is just resentment against Castro, the loony! Scott S. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Sep-99, to lugnet.general)