 General / 6725
6724  |  6726
Subject:
The Last Starfighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 20:21:01 GMT

I just stopped by a coworkers office where she was looking at a "The Last
Starfighter" movie page.  For those who don't remember this was an 1984
movie about a teenage videogame whiz who ends up saving the universe.  That
brought up a lot of memories(the movie not me being a teenage whiz kid that
saved the universe).  Well anyway- after I saw that movie I went home and
built a Gunstar out of Lego.  While not being very protypical, it did have
the "death blossom" feature and a multidimensional rotating gunners seat.  I
might go home tonight and rebuild it.  It should be easier to implement the
death blossom nowadays with all the 1x1 plate hinges I now have.
I'll just have to make some custom Alex and Grig minifigs.

Check out "The Last Starfighter" homepage at
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/8887/

-chris