 General / 6605
Re: Some excellent advice (Re: i admit i was wrong
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 21:25:38 GMT

On Sun, Aug 15, 1999 at 06:48:01PM +0000, John Neal wrote:
Yes, I concur, but I have a question for you, Doc.  Did you used to play
second base for Bud Abbott?;-) All seriousness aside, this isn't RTL, and
although a few folks here are known by nicknames, they have been around and
everyone *knows* them.  Not in your case.  Actually, you may even be
violating the terms of use for LUGNET by *not* using it.

4.  Post using a pseudonym, alias, screen-name, handle, alter-ego,
         meno, or any other type of name which is not your own or which
         hides your true identity, unless your real name and identity is
         clearly understood, accepted, and documented by the community as
         the true identity behind such messages.

We want to get to know *you*:-) follow-up to .general

I believe I am abiding by the letter, if not the spirit.  If you notice,
the mail list (and I believe the news group) headers show who I "really"
am:

In addition, the web list is even more explicit:
                   From: The Doctor What <docwhat@gerf.org>
                         Christian Holtje

If you don't think this is enough, I will spend some time to have my
everchanging .sig explain who I am, whenever I post to @lugnet.com...

As a side note, DocWhat, is just as much me, as "Christian Holtje".  More
so in some ways, as most people can't pronounce "Holtje". (It's actually
spelt "Höltje", with an umlaut (two dots) over the 'o', but I wasn't sure
that it'd come out okay.)

As for Bud Abbot: Tom Baker et al have taken first base, so I get
second base....
(Obscure Doctor Who, a BBC television programme, reference)

Ciao!

--
"Gort, klaatu nikto barada."
-- The Day the Earth Stood Still