 General / 6602
Re: Some excellent advice (Re: i admit i was wrong
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 21:05:57 GMT

Naji Norder wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, John Neal writes:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

The Doctor What wrote:
<snip>

Yes, I concur, but I have a question for you, Doc.  Did you used to play
second base for Bud Abbott?;-) All seriousness aside, this isn't RTL, and
although a few folks here are known by nicknames, they have been around and
everyone *knows* them.  Not in your case.  Actually, you may even be
violating the terms of use for LUGNET by *not* using it.

4.  Post using a pseudonym, alias, screen-name, handle, alter-ego,
        meno, or any other type of name which is not your own or which
        hides your true identity, unless your real name and identity is
        clearly understood, accepted, and documented by the community as
        the true identity behind such messages.

We want to get to know *you*:-) follow-up to .general

-John

His post _did_ have his real name in it: Christian Holtje.
Perhaps your news reader didn't display the proper identity field.
(I think there was a similar discussion several months ago.  The name
is hidded in the x-reallife-name field or something like that.  NNTP viewers
won't always display it, but it is apparent from the web.)  I have
now given up on switching my identity back and forth between here, my standard
email, and Usenet, so now I get several SPAMs a week from there. :(

Naji
PS I think his name is a Dr Who reference, not Abbott and Costello.
   (Correct me it I'm wrong!)

Naji-

"Who's on first.  What's on second.  I don't know is on third"
"That's what I'm trying to find out, the man on first."
"Who"
"The man on first"
"Who"
"The man playing first base"
"That's the man's name"
"Whose name"
"That's right"
"Look, all I'm trying to figure out is what's the name of the guy playing first"
"No, what's on second"  IIRC;-)

-John