 General / 65
Q:Window and door terminology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 05:28:39 GMT

As a fairly new LEGO maniac, I am wondering what the proper terminology is
for windows and doors.  I understand standard bricks, i.e 2x4x1 (If just
2x4, the third value is understood) but I am unsure as to door and window
descriptions.  It looks like I have a few more than I need and could use
them as trade material.

I scrounged up several doors and windows with the following descriptions:

1x2x1 window, no glass
1x2x2 window, some with glass some pre-glass
1x4x2 window, looks like they all had glass at one time
1x6x2 window, some with shutter built-in some with side windows
1x3x4 door red frame with snap-in blue door
1x2x3 door looks someting like a screen door
1x3x3 door one for each side, 2/3 blue, upper 1/3 trans, I remeber using
these on a semi-truck cab when I was a kid
1x3x3 door same shape as above but all one color
1x3x4 door same shape as above all one color
1x5x4 door same shape as above all one color

Also, what is the proper name for the old style wheel and axles.  The wheels
are either spoked or 2x2 and the plug into a 2x4 brick (I have both white
and black axle bricks)

The last item I am wondering what to call is the 1x1x2 shutter holders I
have many of these with several colors of shutters.

Look for a post in about a week to see what I have for trade and what pieces
I am looking for.

Thanks for any info.  Sorry for the long post but I have seen the remains of
people that have posted several posts on one topic.

--
Scott Smallbeck
materiel@halcyon.com