 General / 6456
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 18:55:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, "jon kozan" <jauction@hotmail.com> writes:
[...]
1) TRU really doesn't get a better deal on sets than most any other major
retail outlet.  You can check their cost on any set if you ask the store
Director politely enough.  Everyone gets sets at about 62% of MSRP (That's
about a 40% discount if you get the entire profit whacked off. This is why
KMart loves the 20% off promotion - they still keep 1/2 the potential profit
(BTW, splitting the profit is a long established retail practice as well)

Say, do stores ever get accrued discounts or rebates for large repeat
purchases?  Like, for every $1,000,000 you spend at 62% of MSRP, you're
entitled to a $50,000 rebate or discount toward the next milestone?

That's beyond my experience, but if TRU accurately reflects their costs (other
than administrative costs), I don't see it built into their "costs".  I would
guess LEGO doesn't do this though.
-Jon