 General / 6372
Re: help me spend some money!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 22:25:29 GMT

Well, if you are getting Robolab, how about adding Mindstorms stuff to it, which
you can buy lots of places, including
http://www.legoworldshop.com/

Karen Gold wrote:

I have a grant of about US$1300.00 to spend on robolab for my high school
classes.  I teach physical science to 9th and 10th graders.  I could use any
advice on how to get the most for my $.  I need to get about 5 RCX's, plenty of
sensors, etc.  In the US you can ONLY get lego DACTA stuff from Pitsco. Anybody
familiar with their line have any advice on this?  For example, their bargain
kit comes with FOUR IR transmitters, which would be redundant used with the 1
computer in my classroom....  Likewise a site license seems unneccessary.
Karen