 General / 6287
Re: Bulk Ordering - Secrets Revealed.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 09:37:13 GMT

Jeroen Ottens wrote:

I have read this thread with interest. Can anyone that has had contact with
Lego when he or she was bulk ordering pieces mail me the names of these
persons? especially those that (now) live in Billund.
Don't get your hopes up folks, but i can see if I can have a meeting with
these people.

So far only the Australian and New Zealand LEGO operations seem to have offered
bulk sales.  From the NZ point of view the relatively small size of LEGO NZ
meant that a personalised service was possible.

Soren Torp Laursen was made aware of the possiblity of providing a better
service for adult fans of LEGO while he was General Manager of LEGO NZ.  He
returned to Europe earlier this year to take over contact management of LEGO
Germany but promised to see what could be done with respect to bulk ordering.

LEGO operations like LEGO NZ utilise a parts ordering system which is part
automated part manual.  This system allows Spare Parts Managers (SPM) to place
and confirm orders for parts with ModelProduction in Denmark.  This system may
differ from that at Enfield which has it's own production plant and is
therefore shouldn't be reliant on such a system.

I won't explain how it all works as it's not the issue of this thread but on
numerous occasions the spm I dealt with mentioned that the system could be
improved.  Therefore before official bulk ordering can ever become a reality
worldwide TLG needs to improve their inhouse parts ordering system

Sanjay