 General / 6248
6247  |  6249
Subject:
Letter to TLG-USA: wording suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 22:24:37 GMT

Excellent letter, Gary. Perhaps the list of websites could be enclosed as an
appendix?

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:

Your service packs address a part of that problem.  But service pack
selection today is but a fraction of what it was in the 1960's.  I counted 138
different service packs available in the 1963 catalog.  That is a vastly more
than what is available today.

As an editor, I'd like to make 2 suggestions to that paragraph:

Change "But" to "Yet" in the first line.
Change "That is a vastly more..." to "There are far fewer service packs
available today."

I still have the letter from your Consumer Affairs Service Manager stating the
labor intensive process of bulk orders.

I suggest changing "stating" to "detailing" or "explaining"

Perhaps a Bulk Order policy on the scale of Shop-At-Home is not an exceptable
alternative.

"Exceptable" should be "acceptable"

Maybe something on a highly limited scale would be acceptable.
Say allowing the Lego Community (i.e. the LEGO online newsgroup community) to
purchase 100,000 pieces of one specific item a few times a year.   That way it
would streamline the paperwork required by your company, and we (Lego • community)
could prepay and distribute the parts.

I'd say "There have been many discussions about how to implement Bulk Orders
among Adult Fans of Lego. Is there someone on your staff to whom suggestions
may be sent?"

And no one is asking for any handouts
here.  We want to pay for our Lego.  Just give us the opportunity.

I'd suggest: "We are not seeking discounts; in fact, we are willing to pay a
premium for pieces we want to avoid the distraction of dealing with pieces we
don't want. All we ask is the opportunitiy to purchase a subset of LEGO pieces
directly from TLG."

Just hoping to help,

Paul Sinasohn
Editor, Academic Computers Magazine