 General / 5744
Re: Set names and numbers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 1999 13:32:40 GMT

Simon Robinson wrote in message ...
[...]

So what would people think about instead using a convention that sets
are always identified by the number, and where posters know (or don't mind
looking up) the US name
of the set (with the lugnet database being the definitive name in case
of conflict) they use the name as well?

Fine by me, but could everyone please keep using the numbers as well,
because the names the U.S. use will typically be totally (unfathomably?)
different from the names I know the sets by, living outside the U.S. (as
many other LUGNET users do).

Thanks,
Paul