 General / 56115
56114  |  56116
Subject:
LEGO sales in Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Faroe Islands.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2013 07:22:07 GMT

About a year ago on Eurobricks, I posted a thread about LEGO sales in Norway,
Sweden and Finland.  I had forgotten all about this thread until a Finnish LEGO
collector found the "Barn" in Finland that originally produced 70% of the LEGO
produced for the Finnish market (other 30% was specialty parts imported from
Denmark), and reopened that thread.

Locally produced LEGO was common to Scandinavia in the 1950s and early 1960s,
when toy import sales prevented TLG from exporting a lot of toys into their
neighboring countries.

I have added Iceland, Denmark and that far out in the North Sea archipelago of
Danish islands known as the Faroe Islands (between Iceland, Norway and Scotland)
to this very interesting and unique Scandinavian discussion about LEGO.  The
Faroe Islands are included due to the fact that TLG made a unique LEGO wavy flag
only for flag parts packs for that island chain (1966-69) that are worth $$$
today.

This discussion will be expanded over the next week or so, so have another look
from time to time... ;)

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73627

Many of these images are newly discovered images of sometimes very obscure LEGO
items that have been found in attics and basements of Scandinavia over the last
50-60 years since they were produced (example... the 1959 LEGO promotion for
Hammetts Journal magazine of Sweden).  These are all discussed in about a dozen
of the 73 chapters of my LEGO DVD/download.

Cheers,
Gary Istok