 General / 55896
Re: The Oldest LEGO Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2012 07:54:25 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Here's another set of images of the first regularly labeled LEGO basic sets of
1953-55... the LEGO Mursten sets of Denmark, Norway and Sweden... and an image
of their contents from a rare 1953-54 Danish Retailer Catalog.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=75529

Starting in 1955 (the year before Germany came online with LEGO) local languages
were used on the basic and parts pack set box tops... and you can find local
language sets up until 1959 in German (Germany/Austria), German/French
(Switzerland), French/Flemish (Belgium), Dutch (Netherlands) and Italian
(Italy)... besides Danish, Norwegian and Swedish.

Starting in 1957 some countries started using the international "LEGO System"
(Portugal was first)... and all countries switched over to that by 1960.

Cheers,
Gary Istok