 General / 55588
Re: minifig series 3 goes up from $1.99 to $2.99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 2010 15:04:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Anders Isaksson wrote:

Maybe they want to have the US price a bit closer to what we pay here at the
right side of the pond - $3.52 at todays exchange rate (25 SEK).

I had to reply, since it looks like $3.52 works out to be cheaper. If I account
for VAT (25% for Sweden?) you get $2.82. In the case of US prices, without tax
it is $2.99.

I agree the math does not work for all Lego sets. But that maybe a function of
the market size. I am pretty sure Technic will work out to be cheaper in Europe
(in most cases) whereas Star Wars would be a better deal in US.