 General / 5552
    keeping models together —John DiRienzo
    I am thinking about a model I am about to make and want to know how I can preserve it once it is built. Since it is going to be a white building, I think I will spray it or apply sunscreen to it, in hopes to prevent that yellowing. I also want the (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: keeping models together —James Brown
     (...) Depending on how extreme you want to get, check with your local museum and find out where they get their display cases from. Many display cases that are used nowadays (especially for 'fragile' things like books, clothes or paintings) have (...) (25 years ago, 14-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

         Re: keeping models together —Paul Sinasohn
     Has anyone ever contacted TLG to see what they use at the parks for sun protection? And while we're asking, has anyone ever mentioned they could make lots of money if they sold some of the instructions for some of the models on display in the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: keeping models together —Brian H. Nielsen
   (...) Here's a thought: Elmers glue disolves in water and water won't hurt LEGO bricks. Test the Elmers glue on a couple bricks to make sure it doesn't harm the LEGO bricks. Brian (25 years ago, 15-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: keeping models together —Greg Majewski
   (...) I use Elmer's all the time, and have never had it damage any piece. Also, you don't even have to put it in water, it peels right off of the ABS. Greg citrusx__@yahoo.com (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Info on siding was: keeping models together —John DiRienzo
      OK, I think I will get a nice fresh bottle of Elmers, and possibly a showcase. Now, has anyone been able to make nice siding for houses in minifig or smaller scale? I already have a good idea for roof shingles. Thanks again! -- Have fun! John (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: keeping models together —Alan Demlow
     (...) Does Elmer's also work for reapplying old stickers in a pretty permanent fashion? Or has somebody had success with other kinds of glue? I've asked this question myself before without response, and I believe somebody else also asked it recently (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jul-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

         Re: keeping models together —Steve Bliss
     (...) You could try contact cement for that. My wife has this spray-can of contact cement that she uses often when she needs to join items without leave a big mess of glue. I have no idea what affect that stuff would have on any of the plastics and (...) (25 years ago, 15-Jul-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

        Re: keeping models together —Matthew Miller
   (...) Is there any real reason to do this? Don't the pieces hold together fairly well by themselves? (Isn't that the point?) (25 years ago, 15-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: keeping models together —Greg Majewski
   (...) I don't actually glue bricks together, I just use the glue to add non-Lego parts to things. Greg citrusx__@yahoo.com (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: keeping models together —Matthew Miller
   (...) Ah. A heretic, I see. (25 years ago, 15-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)